This is why there are numbers of new medical procedures that have been introduced into the market. These are treatments that help with the removal of cellulite and other stubborn fat deposits. Two of the most prominent procedures on offer are:
- Lipodissolve injections INTRALIPOTHERAPY
So the question is how to choose between these two?
Similarities between lipomesotherapy and intralipotherapy.
- Both procedures are non-invasive and non-surgical. They both employ microinjections under the skin surface targeting the areas that have problematic fat deposits.
- The microinjections made are full of chemical substances that break the fat. These beneficial chemicals also cause improvement in the circulation of the target area. They improve lymphatic and venous circulation in these areas.
Differences between lipomesotherapy and intralipotherapy.
This topic is hotly debated among doctors worldwide, however, there are certain differences:
- Mesotherapy is the most common injection technique for lipolysis, as it has low risk of side effects
- Mesotherapy uses a homeopathic concoction that has essential minerals, vitamins, herbal extracts, and other natural substances that have been shown to provide benefits to someone seeking to remove cellulite. (Lipo Lax+, Lipo Lax VL, Prostrolane Inner-B, Prostrolane Inner-B SE, Dermaheal LL, etc.)
- Intralipotherapy uses phophatidylcholine (PPC) and sodium deoxycholate (SDC). PPC includes choline which is a chemical that controls cell membranes. It has been shown to be effective in dissolution of fat. However, due to the possible complications and many side effects, most of the products for intralipotherapy are banished in Europe. Those that are not, require a very profound training. Otherwise, it can bring more harm than good.
For the reasons stated above, most of the practitioners nowadays prefer to use lipomesotherapy due to its effectiveness and high safety profile compared to intralipotherapy.
How to inject?
Intralipotherapy is performed with a long 10 cm and 24G needle. The needle releases the solution only in RETROGRADE fashion and in CONTINUOUS streaming manner. The entire length of the needle must be inserted into the subcutaneous tissue, parallel to the skin surface. See Figure 1 for the injection technique. Please note that without a proper training you should not try to repeat it.
The lypolytic mesoproducts have to be injected with the thinnest single use needle (30G) into the subcutaneous fat of the areas requiring corrections. The patient should then drink at least 0.5-1 liter of water.
- Course of procedures: 7-15 sessions (up to required results)
- Frequency of procedures: 1 procedure every 14-21 days. However, with some products like Alydia it can be every 7-10 days.
The side effects of fat dissolving injections are rare. Your patient may experience swelling, bruising, itching, pain, sensitivity to pressure within 3-5 days. All fat reduction injections have to be administered by highly skilled doctors and nurses.
What are my favourite lipomesotherapy products?
- Lipo Lax+ (body and double chin)
- Lipo Lax VL (face)
- Prostrolane Inner-B (body and double chin)
- Prostrolane Inner-B SE (for infraorbital fat reduction)
- Alydia (unique lypodistrofic agent against cellulitis)
With these products you do not only reduce the unwanted fat deposits and cellulite, but you can get rid of flabby skin too, because all of these also provide a lifting effect. Also, these mesoproducts for lipolysis show beautiful results just after 3 sessions. The adipose tissues disappear and skin becomes smoother and more elastic.
See Figure 2 photo of one of my patient treated with Lipo Lax+. We did 7 sessions with her to achieve this astonishing result.
If you are interested in learning more about lipolytics and injection techniques, please contact DPI Cosmetology team and we will offer you a possibility to provide a private training for you and/or your entire clinic.