About Merz Aesthetics
Merz is a privately held pharmaceutical company based in Frankfurt, Germany. The company is active in research, development and distribution of innovative products in the areas of aesthetic medicine and dermatology as well as in the field of neurologically induced movement.
Another core competency of Merz lies in medical and aesthetic dermatology. Merz Aesthetics offers a tailored and harmonized portfolio of products for minimally invasive treatments. With the fillers Radiesse®, Belotero®, Glytone® and the neurotoxin Bocouture®/Xeomin®, the company is an important player in the aesthetics market.
In 2005, Merz Aesthetics proudly introduced Belotero® range of innovative hyaluronic acid fillers, provided with and without lidocaine. In 2011, Belotero® was successfully launched in the US.
What does Belotero® range include?
With the acquisition of the Swiss company Anteis in November 2013, Belotero® range has been extended:
- Belotero® Hydro: is an entry-level product that combines non-crosslinked HA with Glycerol and is designed for targeted rehydration whilst restoring radiance and elasticity.
- Belotero® Soft: ensures the optimal correction and smoothening of fine lines due to its excellent cohesivity.
- Belotero® Balance: integrates seamlessly into the skin and is designed for the correction of moderate lines and wrinkles
- Belotero® Intense: fills deep lines and is optimal for lip augmentation treatments due to a balanced elasticity that safely provides excellent skin support
- Belotero® Volume: models and restores facial volumes through its outstanding malleability and adaptive and polyvalent quality for the human tissues
You can purchase all of these fillers and even more in DPI Cosmetology online-shop.
The Belotero range of HA fillers delivers optimal results for deep skin rehydration, the smoothing and filling of wrinkles or the restoring of facial volumes. This range of fillers is excellent for any problems of ageing skin or sagged skin tissues. Besides, it is a great polyvalent dynamic hyaluronic filler, which adapts to the human skin matrix.
What’s so unique about Belotero®?
The SECRET to Belotero®’s success story is its patented Dynamic Cross-Linking Technology. This innovative technology allows predictable and particularly harmonious results by tailoring an approach that optimizes the balance of the parameters such as COHESIVITY, ELASTICITY and PLASTICITY specifically addressing the needs of the targeted skin layer. Due to this technology, Belotero® Soft and Balance® can be administered very superficially using the Blanching Technique.
Since its introduction in 2005, Belotero® has successfully established itself as a brand of excellence amongst physicians. It is known for its HIGH SAFETY profile, great performance and high customer and patient satisfaction.With its complete product portfolio, Merz Aesthetics further strengthens its position as one of the leading manufacturers of state of the art HA neurologically induced movement.
One of the most outstanding characteristics of Belotero® products is SAFETY:
- Belotero was approved by the FDA in 2011.
- After receiving an injection, the patient might notice some temporary swelling and redness at the injection site.
- Don’t get Belotero if you have a history of severe allergies.
- The patient won’t have to undergo any allergy testing before the appointment.
- Belotero requires minimal recovery time. The patients can return to their usual activities almost immediately after the treatment.
The most recent launch of Merz Aesthetics
Recently Merz announced the launch of Belotero® Revive, a dermal filler product containing a UNIQUE combination of hyaluronic acid (HA) and glycerol, designed to improve hydration, elasticity and firmness of the skin and to address the appearance of fine lines. This newest addition to the Belotero® dermal filler range, was designed to meet the unique needs of today’s aesthetic patients. Modern consumers are especially focused on skin quality and on minimising early signs of ageing, and they value skincare and aesthetic solutions that deliver natural-looking results – the so-called “NO-FILTER” look.
Results of international studies about the new Belotero Revive® have shown:
- Up to 36 weeks improved skin hydration and reduced skin redness
- 100% of patients showed improved aesthetic results at week 12
- Over 80% of patients were satisfied with the treatment at week 24
- 90% of patients would recommend Belotero® Revive to friends
Why I am a big fan of Belotero®
Belotero® is one of the safest dermal filler range now on the market. It has unique rheological properties (by the way, you can learn more about rheology of the HA fillers in one of my articles here) and by the tailored combination of the fillers for each case it’s possible to achieve outstanding results. Here’re some of my works.
If you want to learn more about HA fillers and how to chose a personalised protocol for your patients in order to achieve desired results, please contact DPI Cosmetology team and we will provide you with the training options.