Bioremodeling is an integral part of improving skin health and aesthetics. After the age of 25, the content of hyaluronic acid, elastin and collagen decreases progressively as we age. To keep the skin healthy, it is necessary to replenish the reserves of hyaluronic acid, collagen and elastin. It’s called skin bioremodeling. Otherwise, the skin dries up, wrinkles, pores, flabbiness appear, often causing discomfort.
Profhilo produced by the Belgian company IBSA has become an irreplaceable assistant in bioremodeling. In European clinics, Profhilo has been on the top for several years, and some clinics it is the only biorevitalizant available. In Russian clinics, Profhilo is used where quality is over quantity, meaning in the best clinics and with the best practitioners.
How Does Profhilo Work?
Profhilo effect is achieved thanks to the stimulation of the collagen production (types 1, 3, 4 and 7) and elastin. This is called “bioremodeling”.
Indications for Profhilo bioremodelling:
- Dull and uneven skin tone;
- Enlarged pores;
- Loss of skin freshness.
Profhilo is administered with small injections into the determined anatomical points. The product spreads very well by itself, so just a few injections are enough to treat the entire face or other areas.
Usually 2 treatments are required, one month apart. After the procedure, the effect is slightly noticeable. Since this treatment and collagen production takes 3-4 weeks (depending on the age), the best result is seen after about 3 weeks.
The skin becomes hydrated, pores are reduced, fine wrinkles are smoothed, the complexion becomes healthy and radiant and due to the stimulation of collagen it is tightened. The skin feels and looks 10 younger.
My Personal Case
Let’s take a look at my case example of the use of Profhilo.
The patient is 64 years old with:
- Uneven skin texture;
- Loss of elasticity, sagging skin;
- History of rosacea and autoimmune diseases.
Proposed treatment: bioremodeling with Profhilo. 2 Profhilo procedures were performed with a frequency of 1 month.
The patient was very pleased with:
- Smoothed out wrinkles
- Even texture
- Improved complexion
- Oval facial lifting
- The skin has become more elastic
After these results the patient even wished to carry out bioremodeling of the neck and hands.
Why I Think Profhilo is Irreplaceable
- This is the only aesthetic product that does not need to be injected over the entire surface of the skin. Profhilo is injected into several bioactive points and diffusely spreads over the entire surface
- Profhilo, unlike conventional biorevitalizants, is a concentrate of hyaluronic acid. To maintain the required moisture level, 2 sessions (in some cases 3) per year are enough (for conventional biorevitalizants, 2 courses of 4 sessions per year). Therefore, Profhilo is economically profitable, despite its not so low cost for the patient. In addition, this approach significantly saves time for both the patient and the doctor.
- Profhilo does not require downtime, unlike other biorevitalizants, it is absolutely safe and practically does not cause bruising. Immediately after the procedure, the patient can return to business as usual. So Profhilo is extremely convenient for both the patient and the doctor.
- Profhilo is indispensable before and after the laser treatments. Since laser actively absorb hyaluronic acid, it is necessary to carry out biorevitalization with Profhilo before and after.
- The product is suitable for any age, both at 35 and 65 Profhilo gives excellent results.
- Profhilo is excellent for bioremodeling of the skin of the neck, décolleté, hands and knees.
These significant advantages make Profhilo truly unique today and a very convenient product.
In my practice, I often give patients a simple example of professional teeth cleaning. If the oral cavity is not taken care of, what happens? Same with the skin. The skin requires regular professional care. And Profhilo is the #1 helper in maintaining youthful skin.
What You Should Consider When Working with Profhilo
To avoid complications such as edema, Profhilo must be injected ONLY into the points indicated in the instructions.
Often, doctors deliberately inject the product close to the periorbital area in order to correct wrinkles. You shouldn’t do this. Follow the instructions carefully to avoid complications and Profhilo will become your best helper and an excellent mean of maintaining youthful and healthy skin!